Sunday, June 12, 2005

Beautiful Day, but can't fly to Wisconsin

I was supposed to fly to Ashland, Wisconsin today by myself in the Piper Warrior, but I am too sick for flying such a long cross-country. My chest hurts a little along with some minor congestion. I don't think it'll prevent me from going on a local flight with my instructor though, so I have a flight scheduled for 4pm today.

Today's lesson calls for conducting all take-offs and landings to Commercial Pilot SEL PTS standards. I will be watched for smoothness and accuracy, proper trim techniques, and will be reviewing VOR and GPS navigation. I must also make my power-off 180 accuracy landings within 300 feet of the intended touch-down point. These power-off 180's are difficult to do here in North Dakota because depending on the winds (can vary from calm to 35 knots on any given day) you have to accurate judge the EXACT time to turn base for final.

I am not on course template with my flight course. This means there is a slight chance that I won't be able to get the extra-credit flight points. This could mean me getting a B instead of an A in the instrument ground school course...all because of the crappy weather. I have to receive an overall 93% in order to get an A in the course (since a 92% is a B, below 84% is a C, and below a 76% is a D here in the aerospace courses). I will do my best to get an A in this course and finish my flying on time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home