Tuesday, July 12, 2005

GFK-BJI-PKD-GFK Solo Cross Country

So I did the typical Grand Forks, ND to Bemidji, MN to Park Rapids, MN and back to Grand Forks cross-country flight. I had lots of fun, even though I couldn't enjoy the Minnesotan scenery as I would normally be able to. It was really hazey outside and visibility was probably down to 4 miles. I did one landing at Bemidji, one at Park Rapids, and five at Grand Forks. All of them were pretty good. The last cross-country flight I went on my landings back at Grand Forks were horrible. I had a pretty big gusty crosswind that made it difficult.

Mosquitos are out again in Grand Forks! For some reason they decided to put a sewage treatment plant near the airport. In addition to it really stinking, mosquitos love to breed there. Consequently, when the cockpit door swings open swarms of blood-hungry mosquitos fly in as if I opened up a flood gate. I have about 6 mosquito bites on my right now. *UGH!!!*

My flight training is coming along. I took a break for a very short while, but I'm getting back on track. I have to finish about one more hour of night time and cross-country time in order for me to advance to my first 221 stage-check. After that every lesson is in the Frasca sim to prepare me for the last stage-check, which will also be in a sim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home