Monday, August 15, 2005

Took my family flying today!

Today I took my father, brother, and Chico (my mom's new Chihuahua) up flying for the first time. I rented an old 1971 Cessna 172 out of Cameron Park Airport. I flew them over Folsom Lake, over my mother's house and father's house, then did some zero-g manuevers, steep turns, and headed back to Cameron Park Airport for 3 landings. Chico, being only 8 lbs, lifted well into the air during the zero-gravity tricks I did in the aircraft. It was hilarious! My dad did the third takeoff and landing - his manuevering and landing was 10 times better than mine of course. I guess him being Airline Transport Pilot licensed and a few thousand hours of flight time and experience was the reason for this! He showed me how to flare the correct way and make that stall warning horn sing to you... I guess it's different in a Cessna 172 than the Piper Warriors I'm used to flying.

My mother elected to remain on the ground to take video and pictures of us taking off and landing. I'll have to take her up next time.

Here are some more pictures:




1 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

How did the dog like the zero-g pushovers? Was it like that video on the web of the happy floating dog in the back of the Cessna?

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home